Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"LeBron James and Chris Paul on the same team?????" by Ronald Carthen


Can you imagine LeBron James and Chris Paul on the same team? NBA powerbroker William Wesley is pitching to teams with salary cap space to trade for Chris Paul to increase their chances on getting LeBron James this summer. Wesley would love to have both of these close friends play on the same team.

I don't see the Hornets trading away Paul and help an NBA team become the most powerful franchise in sports besides the Los Angeles Lakers. He has two years and $31.3 million left on his contract until he can opt out of his contract in the 2012-13 season. Believe me when I tell you, he will be a free agent in 2012 and find a new team. Hornets coach Monty Williams and general manager Jeff Bower don't stand a chance on keeping CP3 because they will not have another superstar that are willing to come to New Orleans anytime soon.

The only two teams that I would see make any sense to make this deal is the Chicago Bulls and the New Jersey Nets. If I was the GM for the Bulls, my only scenario is to send Derrick Rose, Luol Deng, and a few draft picks for Paul so the Bulls can sign LeBron to a max deal. Another star point guard for another star point guard sounds fair to me, along with some help for their roster. CP3 and LeBron would be the best duo in Chi-Town since Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen. I can see them winning so many championships and start their own dynasty.

I heard the Hornets rejected the Nets offer that would give them a 3rd pick in the draft and Devin Harris in exchange for Chris Paul. I don't think that's a bad deal but the Hornets are going to want so much more. They could've had Derrick Favors in this week's draft, but I don't see the Hornets being a Top 5 team in the league. Everyone knows Avery Johnson wants LeBron and CP3 on the Nets, especially when he made a statement that he thinks LeBron will go to the Nets on ESPN before he was hired as the team's head coach.

I don't expect this to happen anytime soon as long as Chris Paul is under contract. CP3 deserves to play for a much better team and win a championship, but nobody in the league wants to see a CP3 & LeBron duo. Think about how many championships both of these guys would win if they were to play together. I still believe LeBron needs to have a second superstar on his team to win a championship. He will not win an NBA title with the Cavaliers if he has the same players on the roster next year. I wish there's a way to get CP3 in Cleveland and find a way to get rid of Mo Williams, who's not playoff material at all. Can't wait to see where LeBron ends up this summer, but I don't believe LeBron will have a great point guard like CP3 on the same team.                  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog