Friday, July 16, 2010

"Chris Johnson go to camp...but the Titans better pay the man!!!!!" by Ronald Carthen


I can't stand it when NFL players threaten to holdout from training camp if they don't get paid. Chris Johnson I know you ran for 2,006 rushing yards last season and want more money but just go to camp. I know it's you are only getting paid $550,000 next season, but let your agent handle your business and let your skills on the field take care of itself.

I know you would love to have a short-term deal but what you are asking for a long-term deal could be too much. I think asking for $30 million guaranteed is too much but I have a feeling that you will get what you ask for.

I also think the Titans need to pay you what you are worth or else they'll lose their best running back since Eddie George. You and Vince Young were the main reasons why the Titans finished the season 8-2 after starting the season 0-6, with Kerry Collins as the starter. Johnson ran for over 100 yards in 12 of the 16 games, including running for 228 yards and two touchdowns on 24 carries against the Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 8 to help the Titans win their first game of the season.

The Titans didn't make the playoffs and I don't think they'll make it again next season, but I think Johnson should get paid. He's only 24 years old and should be a great running back for the next five seasons. If you have a good running back and quarterback, you have to find a way to keep both of them. I don't what the Titans are waiting for but they need to pay the man and pay him soon.

Johnson says his goal is to rush for 2,500 rushing yards this season, and you don't want to keep a pro bowler that sets goals for himself to help the team. I don't expect him to rush for 2,000 yards this season, but you can't be serious on waiting to reward an athlete for his hard work. Johnson just go to camp but if they don't want you, they'll be plenty of teams that would love to have you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog